Tap water may be safe for humans, but in almost all localities it is not safe for fishes and aquatic invertebrates. Tap water needs to be modified by using NovAqua+ when setting up aquariums and ponds, when making water changes, and when preparing salt water for marine aquariums.
NovAqua+ is the new generation of NovAquas, it is the latest stage of technological development in water conditioners for aquariums and ponds. NovAqua+ is the most effective of the tap water conditioners for benefiting aquatic life. But it goes far beyond that. NovAqua+ provides, in a single product, everything necessary to handle all of the needs when treating tap water for aquatic life (except for handling nitrogen compound removal). For the removal of toxic nitrogen compounds including ammonia/ammonium, nitrites, nitrates use Kordon's AmQuel+. NovAqua+ is recommended to be used with AmQuel+, with which it is fully compatible.
NovAqua+ provides multiple protective colloid coatings on the fish's body to replace or reinforce the natural slime coating that is essential to counteract injury, infection, and adverse environmental exposure.
What are the differences between NOVAQUA and NOVAQUA+ ?
- NovAqua+ is based on the latest technology for water conditioners, which have been under the NovAqua label with successive product improvements for over 30 years.
- NovAqua+ is formulated differently from its predecessors from the bottom up, having many new improvements, such as:
- New polymer colloids for fish protection
- Increased ability to remove chlorine
- New electrolytes for stress reduction
- New remover of heavy metals, including increased ability to remove toxic zinc, iron, aluminum, copper, arsenic, etc.
- New herbal ingredients for immune health aids and viral and protozoan infection inhibition
- New vitamin ingredients for health aids
- New product stabilizers for long-lasting storage, etc.